Hey, Guys, it’s Emily here from MiaThrives!
Today I’m going to talk about Aquaphor, a product I started using fairly recently. I got it through Debra Canada they sent out some EB care packages. This was one of the products and I absolutely love it.
You can watch the full video here (or down below).
Aquaphor Multipurpose Healing Ointment
I highly recommend this, especially for the wintertime. Over the winter my skin gets especially dry as well as having EB I also have eczema. A lot of eczema treatments have a mild steroid in it, and my dermatologists have advised me against using that because steroids thin out the skin. Since EB skin is already so thin, it’s generally a treatment that you’re not able to use. Aquaphor has been extremely beneficial for my EB and eczema in the winter.
Positive Points To Note From Use:
- For extremely dry skin
- For lips, hands, feet and knees (But able to use it almost all over the body)
- Doesn’t burn when it gets in cuts
- No steroid in it
- Good for the winter
You can find Aquaphor here on amazon.
Additional Points About Aquaphor From Amazon:
- Skin protectant ointment with Panthenol & Glycerin
- Clinically tested to moisturize & heal extremely dry, chapped, chafed, or cracked skin
- Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips
- Helps protect skin from the drying effects of wind and cold weather
- Gentle enough to use on babies (over 3 months of age)
We would love to hear from you if this is something you’ve tried and it works for you! Also, feel free to let us know if you have any other EB Hacks!
MiaThrives presents our EB Hacks vlogs. They offer tips and tricks to live your life to the fullest with Epidermolysis Bullosa. Connect with us on our Facebook, Instagram, Youtube. If you’re new here click to learn more about our story.